Teemo is a media, marketing, and advertising technology consultancy. We help media owners, agencies, advertisers, and vendors accelerate their growth and meet new markets.
Recent clients include The Media Trust, DigitasLBi, The Guardian, Adform, Adbrain, Unanimis / Orange FranceTelecom, and others.
Matt O’Neill, founder and principal of Teemo, regularly speaks at industry conferences and events in the UK and Europe. His areas of specialty are advertising & marketing technology, programmatic &native advertising, and media monetisation.
Today ExchangeWire released the first global study of the perceptions of malware and malvertising in the digital advertising ecosystem. The research and accompanying report were created in partnership with The Media Trust, the world’s leading media verification, malware protection, and advertising quality assurance platform.
The results will be revealed and discussed later today at an event in London later today.
From the Forward:
The digital advertising ecosystem is in a state of crisis, with many questioning its security. Each week bears witness to another media story regarding malware-laden ads infecting devices to cause harm to consumers. The presence of malware in the digital environment is no longer a topic relegated to advertising professionals – it’s become a mainstream and global issue.
Each year the number of ad-delivered malware infections increases, with The Media Trust detecting a year-over-year doubling in growth for the past several years. Clearly, malware is not new, which presents an interesting question: What do digital advertising professionals think about malware?
This study provides insight into the opinions of agencies, ad tech providers and publishers across several of the world’s largest publishing markets. In general, most are aware of the malvertising risks in their environments and almost everyone agrees it’s on the rise. However, there are some surprising results, and several opinions do not correlate with industry data:
• 50%+ believe malware is less of a problem on mobile
• US and UK publishers feel malware is a bigger issue for ecommerce than publisher/media websites
• Industry professionals believe 72% of malware exists on non-premium sites
• 20% of publishers believe their websites’ are safe from the constant threat of malware
You can download the full report here: Malware Report.
Recent Stories & Posts
From the feed
- Taboola Drives Advertising Success for More Than 100 Women-Owned Businesses as Part of #RecommendHER ProgramTaboola, a global leader in powering recommendations for the open web, helping people discover things they may like, today announced it has powered advertising campaigns for more than 100 women-owned businesses, as part of its #RecommendHER program. Taboola ran this global initiative during March 2021, providing $500,000 of free advertising on its network to women-owned businesses. Participants in #RecommendHER received access to Taboola’s vast network which reaches 516 million daily active users, in a brand safe environment. These brands joined more [...] The post Taboola Drives Advertising Success for More Than 100 Women-Owned Businesses as Part of #RecommendHER Program appeared ... read more1 hour ago
- Dollar Tree Launches Its Retail Media Network (We May Have Just Hit Peak Retail Media Network)The CPMs better be $1. On Thursday, Dollar Tree became the latest retailer to launch its own retail media network for its subsidiary, Family Dollar. The network, called Chesapeake Media Group, (Dollar Tree’s headquarters are located in Chesapeake, Virginia) joins the ranks of Walgreens, Walmart, CVS Pharmacy, Target/Roundel, Kroger, Best Buy and The Home Depot,... Continue reading » The post Dollar Tree Launches Its Retail Media Network (We May Have Just Hit Peak Retail Media Network) appeared first on AdExchanger. ... read more2 hours ago
- Genius Sports revitalises brand ahead of listing on New York Stock ExchangeGenius Sports, a global sports technology and data business, has reinvigorated its brand to better reflect its future ambition. The work, led by independent global brand agency Dragon Rouge, includes the development of a new brand strategy, architecture, identity and application. Genius Sports powers the global sports data ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media. It builds software that captures, manages and distributes sports’ official live data and video, develops backend/outsourced software and services used by sports betting companies to run their products, and delivers digital content and marketing services used by sports, media and betting companies to help engage sports ... read more2 hours ago
- Use of First-Party Identifiers Shows Significant Lift in eCPMs According to Findings from Magnite and AdformMagnite (Nasdaq: MGNI), the largest independent sell-side advertising platform, today announced it has been working with Adform, the only independent global ad management platform covering all aspects of the digital campaign lifecycle, to scale first-party identifiers in privacy-safe ways. With the pending elimination of third-party cookies, the industry must establish future-proof identity solutions for publishers and buyers. As part of their efforts, Magnite and Adform measured monetisation lift based on first-party identifiers, including environments that currently disallow third-party cookies such as [...] The post Use of First-Party Identifiers Shows Significant Lift in eCPMs According to Findings from Magnite and Adform ... read more2 hours ago
- Adverty Announces Collaboration with Oracle Moat to Enhance Measurement Across its in-Game Advertising PlatformLeading in-game advertising platform, Adverty, today announced a collaboration with Oracle Moat, to provide enhanced measurement and verification for in-game ad traffic and impressions. Oracle Moat’s iconic verification solution will give publishers, agencies and advertisers access to trusted third-party measurement for in-game ad campaigns. Adverty’s mission is to deliver seamless advertising which connects brands and audiences through its revolutionary technology, built specifically for gaming, at a time when more than three billion people around the world play video games regularly. Tobias Knutsson, [...] The post Adverty Announces Collaboration with Oracle Moat to Enhance Measurement Across its in-Game Advertising Platform appeared ... read more2 hours ago