Here’s an elegant and useful graph from MSL London highlighting some of the key trends in Content Marketing in 2014 and beyond. Some of the key findings of their report:
- The “Content Rush” is very real: 91% of companies will produce more content in 2014 than last year and 88% of companies plan to produce even more in 2015.
- Companies in the UK are still in the process of laying the groundwork and staffing up to meet these objectives
- Many marketers simply aren’t ready for the scope and scale of the content marketing revolution. For example, only 19% have a big enough team dedicated to creating and distributing digital content.
- Only a fifth of companies feel they have the right organisational structure in place to fully develop a content marketing strategy.
- Despite all this, “51% of companies declare to have more expertise in creating and distributing digital content than last year and 38% have more internal staff dedicated to creating and distributing content for the company.”