Teemo is a media, marketing, and advertising technology consultancy. We help media owners, agencies, advertisers, and vendors accelerate their growth and meet new markets.
Recent clients include The Media Trust, DigitasLBi, The Guardian, Adform, Adbrain, Unanimis / Orange FranceTelecom, and others.
Matt O’Neill, founder and principal of Teemo, regularly speaks at industry conferences and events in the UK and Europe. His areas of specialty are advertising & marketing technology, programmatic &native advertising, and media monetisation.
Today ExchangeWire released the first global study of the perceptions of malware and malvertising in the digital advertising ecosystem. The research and accompanying report were created in partnership with The Media Trust, the world’s leading media verification, malware protection, and advertising quality assurance platform.
The results will be revealed and discussed later today at an event in London later today.
From the Forward:
The digital advertising ecosystem is in a state of crisis, with many questioning its security. Each week bears witness to another media story regarding malware-laden ads infecting devices to cause harm to consumers. The presence of malware in the digital environment is no longer a topic relegated to advertising professionals – it’s become a mainstream and global issue.
Each year the number of ad-delivered malware infections increases, with The Media Trust detecting a year-over-year doubling in growth for the past several years. Clearly, malware is not new, which presents an interesting question: What do digital advertising professionals think about malware?
This study provides insight into the opinions of agencies, ad tech providers and publishers across several of the world’s largest publishing markets. In general, most are aware of the malvertising risks in their environments and almost everyone agrees it’s on the rise. However, there are some surprising results, and several opinions do not correlate with industry data:
• 50%+ believe malware is less of a problem on mobile
• US and UK publishers feel malware is a bigger issue for ecommerce than publisher/media websites
• Industry professionals believe 72% of malware exists on non-premium sites
• 20% of publishers believe their websites’ are safe from the constant threat of malware
You can download the full report here: Malware Report.
Recent Stories & Posts
From the feed
- Ready To Advertise In The Metaverse? (No, You’re Not)How should brands think about advertising in the metaverse? The question is a little hard to answer when there’s no consensus about what exactly the metaverse is or what it might become. You don’t need a headset, but you do. It’s like a video game, but not. Something about VR, but also something about AR.... Continue reading » The post Ready To Advertise In The Metaverse? (No, You’re Not) appeared first on AdExchanger. ... read more4 hours ago
- Adsquare Partners with DSP DisplayceJune 27th, 2022 - Global audience and location intelligence company Adsquare has partnered with Displayce, a European programmatic DOOH DSP designed to optimise the purchase, impact, and quality of DOOH campaigns. Thanks to this platform, agencies can access the largest [...] The post Adsquare Partners with DSP Displayce appeared first on ExchangeWire.com. ... read more6 hours ago
- Italian Spyware Infiltrates Apple & Android Phones; SoftBank Under Pressure to Dual-List ArmIn today's ExchangeWire news digest: Apple and Android phones hacked by Italian spyware, reports Google; SoftBank faces calls to dual list UK chip manufacturer Arm; and Naspers and Prosus serve a new blow to Tencent as they reveal plans to [...] The post Italian Spyware Infiltrates Apple & Android Phones; SoftBank Under Pressure to Dual-List Arm appeared first on ExchangeWire.com. ... read more7 hours ago
- Teads Launches Ambitious Attention Program to Advance Omnichannel Attention MeasurementTeads, the global media platform, is advancing its leadership in attention measurement by launching the Teads Attention Program that will be available in key markets in APAC. The program will arm brands with optimal multi-screen reporting of attention metrics within [...] The post Teads Launches Ambitious Attention Program to Advance Omnichannel Attention Measurement appeared first on ExchangeWire.com. ... read more8 hours ago
- Adludio & Realeyes Find Interactive Engagement is the Ultimate Attention MetricAdludio, a leading AI-driven technology company that delivers premium mobile advertising, today (June 27th, 2022) releases research conducted with Realeyes, an emotion AI platform for measuring human response, into the effectiveness of interactive advertising. Analysing a range of different approaches [...] The post Adludio & Realeyes Find Interactive Engagement is the Ultimate Attention Metric appeared first on ExchangeWire.com. ... read more10 hours ago